Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Discipling Jesús

God still speaks to us.  That is a simple statement.  Yesterday I was seated at our table in a discipleship talk with Jesús (the Divine and a new convert with that name)  The topic of our discussion was "God speaks to us."  As we talked I was a little bit sidetracked in my thoughts as I thought of the profoundness of that statement.  Some serious questions came to my mind, and I confess that I found my mind wandering a bit.  "How long has it been since God spoke to you Stan?"  "How has God spoken to me lately?" 

Jesús and I discussed the power and relevancy of God´s Holy Word.  Jesús mentioned a passage that had really spoken to him in recent days.  It was one of those ".... shall not inherit the Kingdom of God passages."  Interestingly, we had just discussed the fact that the Bible was written over a period of a few thousand years by various inspired authors, yet it is like the Bible has a mystical way of knowing everything about us.  Those of us who have been on The Way for a while know that the Holy Spirit makes the Scriptures alive and active in our lives.  Jesús learned that yesterday.  "how did God know which passage to bring to my mind and have me read?"  he asked.  I explained that God knows us, down to every small detail, and he uses his "God breathed" book to reveal to us, hidden things, shameful things, embarrassing things, humorous things, etc. etc. for the purpose of conforming us to the image of Christ.

I am glad that God still speaks.  I look forward to hearing from Him again today.  I am also thankful for the opportunity to disciple Jesús.  Blessings to you.

1 Comments:

At 2:58 AM, Blogger Kenneth Eagleton said...

Now that's a thought - discipling Jesus!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home