Thursday, February 10, 2011

Disciples Discipling

"Hey, I was the one that taught you that!"  That is a strange and egotistical statement I admit.  Especially when it goes through my own mind.  It happened twice this week.  First was Sunday morning when Cirilo, a third year seminary student from the Good News Church in Chitré was preaching at our church.  He said something that I had taught him in one of our many discussions & classes.  Then it happened again on Tuesday night. Stephany, a recent seminary graduate, was teaching a class on Life Stewardship that I recently taught her at the FWB Seminary in Chame, Panamá. 

As Cirilo and Stephany were speaking I was intrigued by their growing level of confidence in what they were saying and the conviction with which they talked.  It was also obvious that they had dug deeper into their respective topics and had done some preparation prior to engaging their audience. 

As they both developed their messages, I realized that they were coming at the subject in a way that fit their personality and style.  Both, a bit different from mine.  Another thought came to me that is a bit more pleasing. As they spoke, I thought joyfully, "Hmm, I wish I had thought of that, I wish I had said that!"  Quite a change from the first thought, huh!

Seeing disciples discipling.  Thanks for praying.

1 Comments:

At 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is good to see this day come. What better testimony of our walk in Christ than to see our fruit bear fruit? It is great to see how God is working in Panama.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home